We all know that air purifiers are pretty popular when removing harmful germs, bacteria, and microorganisms from the air. However, air purifiers also have certain limitations as well especially if we compare them with ozone generators. Remember, the popularity of ozone generators is constantly growing compared to air purifiers due to several reasons that we will discuss today.
Before we start discussing the usage of ozone generators in-home, let’s have a basic introduction about how to use an ozone generator in the home.
What Is An Ozone Machine?
An ozone machine or an Ozone generator is a mobile unit that can be used anywhere, such as indoors or inside the car, to remove harmful pollutants and their bad odor. The working of this machine is quite effective as compared to air purifiers. It uses multiple compartments that are used to trap the air in the form of carbon dioxide. Later on, the oxygen present in the air is then converted to ozone through an electrical discharge.
The presence of ozone is highly effective in removing viruses, bacteria, contaminants, germs, and bad odors. Thanks to the size of the ozone molecule that quickly attaches itself to the chemical structure of most of the microorganisms present in the air.
How to Safely Use an Ozone Generator in the Home
If we talk about using an ozone generator in a house, then there are several safety guidelines that everyone should follow before using an ozone generator. Remember, not all ozone generators are the same, especially in terms of working capacity. These are the following most simple and easy tips for using an ozone generator in a house.
- First of all, you need to make sure that all living things such as pets, people, or plants are not in the room while running an ozone generator.
- Don’t forget to cover up the most important or valued items such as documents, metallic things, or other sensitive items. Remember, there are some other safe options to clean all those objects and their bad odor instead of using an ozone generator.
- Set the timer before starting the ozone generator and ensure that its running time is less than 6 hours. Running an ozone generator for long hours can be very harmful to your entire house.
- Wait for at least 3 to 6 hours for one room and 24 hours for the entire house.
- You’re done. After turning the ozone generator off, never rush to enter the room because it takes at least 1-2 hours for oxygen levels to become normal and ozone to settle down.
How Long Should I Run My Ozone Generator?
The total duration of time required to run an ozone generator generally depends upon the manufacturer’s instructions. However, if we talk about the average duration, it usually takes 3 to 10 hours to thoroughly disinfect the entire home and get rid of most air pollutants. Moreover, it also depends on the room or house size; if you have a smaller room, it will take less time than large-sized rooms.
How Long Does It Take For Ozone To Dissipate?
It takes around 30 minutes to 4 hours for ozone to completely dissipate in the room after running an ozone generator. The lower levels of ozone in the air require less time to disperse back to the oxygen. However, it is strictly advised to at least wait for 4 hours before returning to the room. Don’t forget to open the doors and windows for this duration of 4 hours so that ozone can completely escape the room before humans and pets can enter the room safely. Remember, if there are any remains of ozone odor in the room even after 4 hours, there is no need to worry about anything because it’s usually a harmless odor that will disappear itself after few days.
Wrap Up: Ozone Generator Instructions
We hope our detailed guide on how to use ozone generator in home will be helpful for you. Remember, there is no harm in adopting new technologies instead of relying on old ones due to fear of their side effects. It’s now a proven fact that ozone generators are far more convenient and effective than air purifiers. There is no need to worry about its dangers as long as you follow all the safety precautions discussed above.